Skip to content

Re-do

I was never happy with this painting so I decided to rework the background. The main focus should be the bird (which I like), but the background was much too busy for that to happen. I removed many of the blossoms, toned down the green and generally simplified the whole thing. I’m not sure it is a total success, but I do like the new version better.

BEFORE:

AFTER

Red-winged Blackbird in the Meadow 11″ x 14″

Related Images:

5 Comments Post a comment
  1. Spyder #

    Nice revision. Beautifully done, and the focus is really on the bird. Not only that, but the bird’s sense of movement is much more prominent. I can really sense it flying now.

    August 22, 2022
  2. Maxine #

    Thank you! I learn more from the failures than from the (so-called) successes, for sure.

    August 22, 2022
    • Spyder #

      I know what you mean — right now I’m starting a portrait over from scratch! 😄

      August 22, 2022
      • Maxine #

        I’m sure your hard work will pay off!

        August 23, 2022
  3. Cindy #

    The revision has much more drama! Thanks for sharing the process.

    August 22, 2022

Leave a Reply

You may use basic HTML in your comments. Your email address will not be published.

Subscribe to this comment feed via RSS